With mango being the flavor of the season, go ahead and impress friends and family with these decadent treats.
Mango Kulfi Recipe
Prep time: 15 min | Cook time: min Serves: 8
Main Ingredients: Mango pulp and condensed milk
- Condensed milk – 1 can (400 gms) sweetened
- Fresh ripe mango puree – 3/4 cup
- Fresh cream – 1/2 cup (chilled) OR whipping cream
- Cardamom powder – 1/4 tsp
- Pistachios or almonds – fistful, finely chopped (optional)
- Place chilled cream in a bowl and beat for 4 mts. Place in fridge till use.
- In a bowl, add condensed milk, mango puree and cardamom powder and beat for 2 mts till well combined. Add the beaten chilled cream and mix well till combined.
- Fold in the nuts and pour the mixture into kulfi molds till 3/4th full. Seal the molds and freeze for at least 5-6 hours.
- At the time of serving, place molds under tap water for a few seconds so that it releases easily from the mold. Insert sticks into each kulfi and serve.
Tips: You can add 1/2 cup of reduced milk or evaporated milk to the above mixture at Step 2 and mix. You can use popsicle molds or earthen pots/matkas to set the mango kulfi. You can use whipping cream if you do not have fresh cream on hand. Remember to chill fresh cream before beating it.
Mango Sago recipe
Prep time: 60 min | Cook time: 45 min Serves: 5
Main Ingredients: Mango and Sago
- Mango puree – 1 1/2 cups
- Ripe mango – 1/2 cup, peeled, cubed and chilled
- Tapioca pearls or sago – 1/2 cup, soaked for 15-20 mts in enough water
- Reduced milk – 3/4 cup (boil 1/2 lt milk till it reduces to 3/4 cup) OR evaporated milk
- Full fat milk – 1/2 cup (add more if the pudding is too thick) OR thick coconut milk
- Corn starch – 1 1/2 tsps, mix in 2 tbsps milk
- Sugar – 1/3 cup (adjust)
- Wash the soaked sago in water thoroughly and boil in a lt of water till they turn soft. Turn off flame and drain. Wash the boiled sago in normal water and drain. Place the boiled and cooled sago in fridge till use.
- Boil 1/2 lt milk till it reduces to 3/4 cup. Turn off flame and bring to room temperature.
- In another vessel, bring 1/2 cup milk to a boil. Reduce flame, add sugar and cardamom. Simmer till the sugar dissolves. Slowly add the corn flour mixture and keep stirring till the milk thickens lightly. This could take 6-7 mts. Turn off flame. Allow to come to room temperature.
- Blend reduced milk, boiled milk+sugar mixture and mango puree till well combined. You can use a mixer grinder to blend.
- Remove the mixture to a bowl, add the chilled sago and mix gently till combined.
- Chill the mixture for at least 2-3 hours before serving. At the time of serving, divide the mango sago pudding among the serving glasses. Garnish with ripe mango cubes and tapioca pearls. Serve!
Tips: You can replace reduced milk and sugar with 3/4 can condensed milk. If the pudding is too thick, you can dilute by adding more milk. Remember to blend all the ingredients at room temperature. The ingredients should not be warm. Cinnamon can be used in place of cardamom. Vegans can use non-dairy cream, almond milk and coconut milk instead of milk and fresh cream.
Mango Ice cream recipe
Prep time: 20 min | Cook time: min Serves: 6
Main Ingredients: Mango and Cream
- Fresh mango puree – 1 1/2 cups
- Fresh cream – 400 ml, chilled
- Milk powder – 3/4 cup (everyday milk powder)
- Sugar – 3/4 cup (adjust according to the sweetness of mangoes)
- Freeze the container you want to store the ice cream for 30 mts in the freezer.
- In a bowl, add fresh cream and beat for 5 mts. Add mango puree and sugar and beat for 5-6 mts. It should be smooth and fluffy mixture.
- Pour this mixture into the chilled container and place a plastic wrap over it. Freeze for 3 hours.
- After 3 hours, remove the container from the freezer, remove the plastic wrap and remove the mixture to a bowl.
- Add the milk powder and beat for 2 mts till smooth. There will be no ice crystal formation.
- Place the blended mixture into the container, cover with plastic wrap and freezer overnight or 7-8 hours.
- At the time of serving, remove the plastic wrap, scoop out the creamy ice cream and serve in ice cream bowls
Tips: You can use a mixer grinder to blend the mixture. You can use a little more than 1/2 cup sugar if the mangoes are very sweet.
Mango pudding recipe
Prep time: 10 min | Cook time: 20 min Serves: 4
Main Ingredients: Agar agar and Mango
- Ripe mango pieces – 2 cups
- Milk – 1 cup
- Cardamom powder – pinch OR vanilla essence – 2 drops
- Sugar – 1/4 cup (adjust according to the sweetness of mango)
- Agar agar strips – 5 gms, soak 3/4 cup of water for 10 mins (china grass)
- Puree the ripe mango pieces and one fourth of the milk to a smooth puree in a blender. Remove to a bowl and set aside.
- Place the agar agar along with the water on low heat and keep stirring till the agar agar is completely dissolved.
- Bring the milk to a boil, add sugar and cardamom powder. Simmer on low flame for 3-4 mins. Add the agar agar mixture and keep stirring on low flame for 4 mins. Turn off heat and allow to slightly cool but should be warm.
- Add the mango puree to the agar agar mixture and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into serving bowls. Allow to set at room temperature and cover with plastic wrap. Place in the fridge for at least 3 to 4 hours.
- At the time of serving, garnish with mango pieces and serve chilled.
Tips: Add sugar according to the sweetness of the ripe mango used to make the pudding. Ensure the agar agar dissolves completely before adding it to the simmering milk. For a thicker consistency pudding, use 1/2 cup milk instead of 1 cup.