If one goes by the Amazon India Fashion Week day 1 look it seems to indicate that red lips are going to be the flavour of the season.
- Eyes are fuss-free with minimal definition but lots of lashes.
- Eyebrows continue to be thick & strong.
- The skin is very dewy and well moisturised and contouring of the cheekbones continues. However the contouring on the model above is a lot harsher than I liked. I feel it needs to be bit more subtle.
If there is one thing I learnt from these looks, it would be the amount of moisturising and prepping the skin is subjected to before applying foundation.
However overall the makeup is not what I expected, to be honest. I’m expecting fashion – wise a revival of the 70s and more specifically the grunge – boho look. I tend to associate messy, smudgy eyeliner with this look a lot more than red lipstick. (And for this reason I loved the Catty frames at Rajesh Pratap’s show! so 70s!)
Also those of you who wear glasses take a look at the makeup at Rajesh Pratap’s show. The models all wore thick-rimmed glasses and the makeup is perfect for when you have such an attention grabbing accessory sitting on your face! Also the clothes on the models are monochromatic in shades of black & white – those of you looking for tips on what makeup to wear with your monochrome outfits – this look is a good option.
1. Mac Cherry Lip Pencil provides the perfect red lipstick for duskier tones
Cherry lip pencil used on model along with Miley Cyrus Viva Glam lipgloss
The red lips at Anju Modi show was perfect for duskier skin tones. See the face chart and step by step how to with product info for those who would like to recreate the look.
2. Mac Mocha blush is a must have
Mac Mocha blush used on the girl on the left
3. Mac Silverstroke eyeliner and Mac folie make a gorgeous eye
Who knew that silver eyeliner could actually work. Love how the makeup artists used the gel liner almost like an eyeshadow and just blended in Mac Folie with it. So simple!
4. Soft and Gentle Mineralized Skinfinish is beautiful as a highlighter
Gorgeous, soft, gold sheen graced the models cheeks and the MSF in Soft and Gentle was used here. Loved how even though the highlighter really added the dewyness, the rest of the makeup was totally matte and effective
1. Start with Studio Moisture Cream, a super-rich creamy moisturizer boosted with skin-nourishing extracts including passion fruit, spinach leaf, green tea, algae, wheat germ and coconut. Moistens, feeds, firms and protects the skin and Promotes a healthy radiance
2. Next apply the Studio Fix Fluid Foundation
3. Correct and Conceal using the Pro Concealer and Correct Palette
4. Set the face by using Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder
5. Use the Matte Bronze Bronzing Powder to highlight the cheeks
6. Next apply the Soft and Gentle Mineralize Skinfinish
7. Apply M.A.C Powder Blush in Mocha on cheeks
8. Use Folie eye shadow on eyes
9. Line eyes with Silverstroke Fluidline Eyeliner Gel
10. Next apply the Fascinating Kohl Pencil
11. Use Lash No. 4 for added drama
12. Finish with a coat of Haute & Naughty Mascara on the lashes for extra volume
13. Use Spiked Eyebrow Pencil on brows
14. Line lips with a cherry lip pencil and finish it off with Viva Glam Miley Cyrus Lipglass