These cookies are a pretty good healthy version of any chocolate cookies. They are intensely chocolatey with just the right amount of sweetness and lovely crumbly biscuit texture too. Better still, these cookies pack in a good amount of protein thanks to some PurePharma PR3 protein powder in chocolate flavour. Think brown rice protein powder with added coconut water and collagen, which is amazing for the skin ladies!
They are the ultimate dunk-able cookie, perfect with a glass of milk!
The recipe is really simple and straightforward too.
Chocolate Protein Cookies Yields 8
- 1/4 cup of cocoa powder or raw cacao powder
- 1/4 cup of chocolate protein powder (I used PurePharma PR3)
- 4 tbsp of nut butter (I used smooth peanut butter)
- 2 tbsp of liquid sweetener (I used brown rice syrup)
- 4 dried dates
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp of coconut oil
- Optional – 2 tbsp of dark chocolate chips
- 1. Preheat oven to 190c / 170 fan. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- 2. Place all ingredients except coconut oil into a food processor and process until crumbly and sand-textured.
- 3. Melt the coconut oil and pour into the mix while the motor is running. The dough should form into a ball. Mix in the chocolate chips if using.
- 4. Roll ping-pong size balls of dough and place onto the baking tray. Press down with a fork to leave an indentation pattern.
- 5. Bake for 10 minutes until the cookies are firm. Leave to cool on the baking tray.
- Cookies can be frozen.
- Cookies should keep for a few days in a cookie jar.
What’s your favourite biscuit? Have you tried baking with protein powders?