Most of us get confused by seeing large number of lipstick in any store especially for Indian skin which is medium/tan skin tone.
You try enormous amount of lipsticks at all the stores and at one point your hand could look like a paint palette and your still not able to narrow down on the ones that may suit you. One thing we have noticed, which you may have to, is that the stores have a particular kind of white lighting which makes every shade of lipstick POP. Once you get home and actually try it on, it looks completely different. Either its to bright for your skin tone or to dull.
So we at VOGUEfaqs have decided to help our ladies out by share with you our TOP lipstick shades for Indian skin tones to help you choose better.
- Maybelline Colorsensational Lipstick Party Pink – This shade is a mix of plum plus pink with a touch of berry which in short can be called as a plummy pink shade. This has minuscule of fine shimmer that has zero effect in both hand and lip swatch. This shade is universally flattering, complements both cool and warm tones. glide on smoothly, doesn’t bleed or feather. It is neither moisturising nor drying. You wouldn’t need a lip balm underneath. Most important of all, it doesn’t settle in fine lines.
- MAC Mocha Lipstick – A peachy brown satin texture shade and can be a perfect nude for people between Mac foundation colours of NC 40-NC45. It’s neither too dark or too light just perfect kinds.If you love smokey eyes and wear them on and off then this lippi can be your go to lipstick for that red carpet smokey eyes and nude lips look.
- MAYBELLINE Color Sensational Vivids Lipcolor On Fire Red – On Fire Red is cool toned medium to dark classic cherry red shade which is very flattering on all skin tones. It has a nice creamy texture, glides easily and sits pretty on lips without settling in fine lines or bleeding. It is not super light weight but doesn’t feel too heavy. It is amazingly pigmented and hardly requires layering; two layers are good enough to cover any sort of pigmentation on lips evenly.
- Lakme Absolute Gloss Addict Berry Rose – It is a pretty rose pink that would look flattering on almost all complexions. Neither too plain nor too bold is what it is. Actually feels and looks like a gloss and not like a sheer lipstick. Perfect for a Sunday after with friends or to as an office wear. It is a very moisturising and glossy lipsticks with medium pigmentation.
- Lakme Aquashine Lipcolor Fig – This is a 3 in 1 lipcolor. It’s a lipcolor + gloss + conditioner. It’s a perfect nude shade in brown which is suitable for daily wear. It has a glossy and shiny finish and is in a liquid form which glides effortlessly on the lips. If your looking for a 9 to 5 kind of a lipstick this may not be the perfect one for you as to stays on for only 2 to 3 hours.
- Colorbar Take Me As I am Lipstick Sizzling Berry – This is a colour pencil with the goodness of a lipstick. High in pigmentation, you will simply love the colour of shimmering blush berry. It is also packed with skin conditioning ingredients which keeps the lips moist.
- ESTEE LAUDER Pure Color Long Lasting Lipstick in Red Tango – It is super pigmented brick red shade with warm brown undertones, there is no shimmer or glitter just high glossy sheen to it . The texture is super light weight plus extremely creamy and glides like a butter on your lips covering every bit of discoloration. You get 4 + hours of wear. once the sheen fades off the strong tint is there and doesn’t fade unevenly. We suggest you wear this lip colour with a lip pencil to avoid colour bleeding out of your lip line.
- MAC Retro Matte Ruby Woo Lipstick – Ruby Woo is a universal flattering shade of red. This has been one of the most popular matte red lipsticks of all times. It is high on pigmentation and does not bleed and feels velvety on your lips. This is a must have red lipstick for everyone.
Hope this helps anyone who’s looking for that perfect shade of lipstick.